Flamingo Safari on shared boat in Airoli Creek runs from October to May depending upon tide timings (high tide). Join us to witness them.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Important Note
- Things to carry
Flamingo Safari on shared boat in Airoli Creek runs from October to May depending upon tide timings (high tide). Join us to witness them. Thane Creek is an inlet in the shoreline of the Arabian Sea that isolates the city of Mumba
i from the Indian mainland. It comprises the area between Mumbra Retibunder and the Mankhurd-Vashi Bridge.
The creek is divided into two parts. The first part lies between Ghodbunder and Thane. A section from where the Ulhas River flows from the north of Mumbai Island to meet the Arabian Sea in west. The second part of the waterway lies between the city of Thane and the Arabian Sea at Trombay / Uran, before the Gharapuri islands.
The region of the Thane Creek has been recognized as an Important Bird Area by the Bombay Natural History Society. It is home to various avian species. In particular, it harbours populations of flamingos and several other migratory and wading birds.
The Maharashtra Government has declared the area along the western bank of the Thane Creek as the "Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary". The total area of the TCF sanctuary is 1,690 hectares (896 hectares of mangrove forests and 794 hectares of a water body).
Thane Creek was formed due to a seismic fault lying below it which runs from Uran to Thane.
No of days: 01
Trail time: 2 – 3Hrs
Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary Entry gate
Flamingo Boat/Walking Safari
Meet your host at the meeting point who will guide you further to the sanctuary. Head towards the boating start point and hop on for an hour long beautiful morning filled with flamingos all around. You will also witness some exotic wader birds and shore birds. This will be an excellent opportunity for photographers to capture this beautiful creature from low angle of eye level with an amazing backdrop of the mangroves or the flock. After the boating walk on the trail designated to see and photograph some more birds around. The trail should end by 11am (Please be packed with some light snacks or breakfast).
- Return AC transportation from Dadar to CMBC (Ex Dadar option)**
- Entry fees for Sanctuary
- Boat Safari for 1 hour
- Photography assistance
- Professional wildlife naturalist host of the experience
- Transportation from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
Advance (Non Refundable)
Balance on or before 72hrs
Cancellation Charges on Cost
14 – 07 days
07 – 03 days
Less than 03 days or No show